Death & Dying: Ten Steps to Being Prepared for Death
In this video, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani discusses the practical steps to being prepared for death.
He offers ten ways:
1. Know your realitiesâ€”Who is your Creator? Who are you? What is life and its purpose?
2. Reflect on deathâ€”â€œOnly a fool would believe that something changing is eternal,â€ he said.
3. Know the rights of Allah over youâ€”your obligations to Him.
4. Know the rights of creation over youâ€”â€œYou have no right to harm Godâ€™s creation,â€ he warned. That could come in the form of physical harm, or something as simple such as gossiping.
5. Sense of urgencyâ€”that death could come at you any moment.
6. Use the â€œDeath Testâ€â€”by asking yourself before any given action, â€œIs this what I want to die doing?â€ and during the action, â€œIs this the best use of my time?â€
7. Having a living willâ€”keeping track of your material and spiritual rights over God and others.
8. Keep a clean slateâ€”through regular repentance.
9. Die belovedâ€”with love and thankfulness, faith and trust, and certitude, pleased to meet your Lord.
10. Ask for a good ending.
#SpreadLight: Help us continue to provide Knowledge Without Barriers through your ongoing monthly support or a one-time donation: http://seekershub.org/donate/
Take a SeekersHub online course. All courses are completely free, and are taught by reliable, qualified scholars: see http://www.seekershub.org/courses
SeekersHub Global (http://seekershub.org), a non-profit Islamic educational portal, makes sound knowledge from reliable scholars available anywhere, at any time, through online courses, on-the-ground seminars, engaging and inspiring Islamic media and direct access to scholars through our Answers service -- all for FREE.